Monday, September 8, 2008

wheelchair soccer

My Japanese sensei is involved in wheelchair soccer sports.... yes , you are right. wheelchair soccer!

Sensei said that wheelchair soccer originates from Okinawa. So how can I miss this chance to see this unique sports?

I was free one day so she brought me to the gym to see the sports. And I got to try the sports first hand! I just practiced for awhile, then the captain invited me to join them (all the players were really friendly towards me). It was really really fun and not as hard as I think. This sports is totally suitable for the handicapped and normal folks like me (most players in the gym were in fact not handicapped). They should introduce this sports to Singapore!




see the kid on the right? He was a good player leh ....

sensei playing

me!

big boys play big ball

Each sports wheelchair costs around 5000 USD. No wonder only this gym in Okinawa has them.

No comments: