Wednesday, July 2, 2008

diver certified!!

29 June is a great day ... sunny Sunday, damn bloody hot ... and the day when I got my PADI open water diver certificate!

Dive spot: Maeda point
Depth: 50 feet (yap, I am starting to use feets and pounds here ... )
At my 1st dive of the day, I still had problems with my buoyancy. I kept going up and down in the water, so I couldn't enjoy the dive fully. Steve, my instructor decided to add my weights to 18 pounds (around 8 kg I believe) and kept reminding me the technique to keeping neutral buoyancy is BREATHING.

So at the 2nd dive, I tried his ways ... and woo wow... I finally got the hang of it. I started to glide slowly above the corals, watched the fishes at close distance and it was really AMAZING! Frankly before I learn to dive, I have this subconscious worry of drowning. But after some dives, I found out that this sport is really safe and there really should be no worries. No wonder, people say diving is so addictive!

So to my diver friends out there, please inform me if you wanna dive. We can dive around the world now, yippppeeee!!!

my diving group

Maggie-Q (Lesa actually) look alike and my instructor from UK Steve


Tons of people come here to snorkel and dive ... so moral of the story? Get to Maeda Point early! How early? for us is 0700!

Due to the great market here, there is a dive shop renting all sorts of gears. So most of the Japanese mainland tourists wear the same color and same style dive suits ...


staircase to underwater paradise ... but before you can get there, and when you are carrying the full gear (meaning BCD, weights, fins, tanks etc) , it is damn damn damn SIONG! ESPECIALLY after diving and coming up. Under the summer heat, really can die lor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You look fitter (almost comparable to what you look during your NS days).

Too many "siong" activities.

Anonymous said...

Great Bro, the sea looks great and sun looks sunny, why are u still so fair?

Anonymous said...

congrat! maggie q is hot!